Information Advice and Assistance (IAA) referral

How to request support from the Early Years and Childcare Service (EYCS) for:

  • an individual child who attends your setting
  • any ‘other’ advice for your setting

Individual child referral – Parental consent – Please be aware you will need to have gained parental consent before making a referral to our service. You do not need to send us this form but it must be available if requested by a member of the EYCS.

Read the IAA guidance notes – the questions you will be asked are within the guidance notes to enable you to prepare.

 Complete the IAA referral (online form) You will be asked within the form what type of IAA referral you are making – ‘Individual child’ or ‘other’

Education, Health and Care (EHC) Needs Assessments

An Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment can be requested by parents, carers, teachers or any other professional involved with a child or young person; they can also be requested by a young person over the age of 16.

Please see the links below for more information

Important: EHC assessment forms should be returned to the relevant Family Services Team, the details are within the referral form itself (Do not send to the Early Years and Childcare Service).

Educational Psychology Service

Educational Psychology Referral information