CPD Leaders should:
- Become familiar with how to book early years training Training, qualifications & how to apply – Suffolk Learning
- Help staff to identify and book any training required via Suffolk Learning Training, qualifications & how to apply – Suffolk Learning
- keep details of the staff at the setting up to date on Suffolk CPD e-Learning WMB Learning Management System (suffolkcpd.co.uk)
keep a record of all staff training and any other CPD undertaken, you are able to use one of the templates if you wish:
It is not necessary to have all your staff registered with a Suffolk CPD account,e-Learning WMB Learning Management System (suffolkcpd.co.uk) just those staff that will be actively accessing training. Example roles are: Training Manager (The manager of the setting or Finance Lead), the SENDCo and Safeguarding Lead.
Courses available on Suffolk CPD for Early Years staff are:
- Working Together to Safeguard Children (£30) a Multiagency course for Safeguarding leads who may be involved in Child Protection cases. This is accessed after the general DSL training from Early Years.
- 3 in 1 Medical conditions: Epilepsy, Asthma and Anaphylaxis. The school nursing service offers free awareness training for all school staff. The training will offer comprehensive awareness in all three subjects and how these can be managed within the school setting. This is for SENDCos
- Signs of Safety+ Awareness Sessions (CYP, Partners and Schools). This Awareness session is suitable for people that work within Children’s Services who have contact with children, young people, and families, who need and introduction to the approach, for EYFS Lead staff
- Encourage staff to complete a course evaluation/feedback (Link will be emailed after course attendance) and can be found at the bottom of the page at this link Training, qualifications & how to apply – Suffolk Learning
Getting the most from your CPD – added 18/05/2023
- If you or your staff need any assistance with your Suffolk CPD account or organisation on e-Learning WMB Learning Management System (suffolkcpd.co.uk) please email: [email protected]
- To contact Early Years & Childcare Workforce Development (EYC WFD) email: [email protected]