Welcome to the Suffolk Schools’ Safety, Health and Wellbeing pages.
On these pages you will find information for schools’ health and safety, and also, very importantly, on wellbeing. All the links in the menu go to a specific topic page and you will hopefully find relevant information for your needs. If you have any ideas or thoughts about these webpages, please contact:
Antonina (Nina) Bickerton – CYP and Suffolk (maintained) Schools’ Safety, Health and Wellbeing Advisor, Suffolk County Council: Email: email@example.com.
Please see our Safety, Health and Wellbeing Privacy Notice.
Only recent Government COVID changes will remain on this page alongside SHaW news. Any other documentation and guidance (e.g., risk assessment templates etc) regarding the pandemic is now on the COVID-19 page
- 5 July 2022 – uploaded documentation on scarlet fever and chickenpox (Public Health guidance) and also Asthma Management in schools – please read as this is important news.
- 8 June 2022 – ALL SCHOOLS – Health Protection in education and childcare settings – this set of guidance notes from the DfE has been updated to reflect current best practice. Specific notice should be taken of the Exclusion Table which now includes the Covid-19 virus.
- 8 June 2022 – ALL SCHOOLS – Updated – Health and Safety: Advice for Schools – Guidance for employers, Headteachers and School Staff
- 8 June 2022 – ALL SCHOOLS – Updated – Ventilation in Schools to reduce the spread of respiratory infections including C19
- 8 June 2022 – ALL SCHOOLS – Updated – Good Estate Management for Schools – now includes clear guidance on ventilation.
- 8 June 2022 – ALL SCHOOLS – Updated – Looking after children in heatwaves.
- 7 April 2022 – ALL SCHOOLS – Another DfE email with updated COVID-19 information – please read
- 4 April 2022 – ALL SCHOOLS – DfE EMAIL UPDATES ON GUIDANCE SPECIFIC TO EDUCATION SETTINGS IN RELATION TO ‘LIVING WITH COVID’ – please read
- 31 March 2022 – ALL SCHOOLS – DfE EMAIL – C19 ARRANGEMENTS IN EDUCATIONAL SETTINGS Please ensure you read this pdf copy of an email from the DfE which discusses the new guidance around C19 testing.
- 31 March 2022 – SECONDARY SCHOOLS – working with ionising radiation – Urgent – The Health and Safety Executive are undertaking inspections of Secondary Schools (HSE Education Bulletin dated 29 March 2022) who work with ionising radiation in science labs. If you are a member of CLEAPSS please access document L93 and ensure you are adhering to that guidance, alongside IRR17. Details of the inspections and further guidance can be found via the link above. Any queries from maintained schools to firstname.lastname@example.org – thank you.
- 31 March 2022 – IMPORTANT – CHANGES TO COVID TESTING IN ENGLAND FROM 1 APRIL
- 22 March 2022 – PERSONAL EMERGENCY EVACUATION PLANS – UPDATED guidance and template
- 3 March 2022 – IMPORTANT UPDATE – Revoked PH Framework for managing Covid – NEW Guidance for Educational Settings in the era of ‘Living with Covid-19’.
- 3 March 2022 – UPDATED – Flowchart for action – v11 – please read and follow accordingly
- 16 February 2022 – IMPORTANT UPDATE – First Aid in Schools, Early Years and Colleges – Guidance from the DfE. There are updates throughout the document, with new information for Early Years