Fire risk assessment information and checks
These documents are essential for your Premises Manager / Premises Responsible Person. They will need to be shared with the person, who carries out the local checks.
- Fire Safety Precaution Log Book – Suffolk Fire and Rescue document – ignore the review date on the document, this is current.
- Fire Risk Assessment review guidance – Suffolk County Council guidance
- Schools’ guide for frequencies of in-house checks – Suffolk County Council guidance
- Schools’ guide for frequencies of professional checks – Suffolk County Council guidance
- Schools’ guide for additional checks for fire precautions – Suffolk County Council guidance
- Fire Safety Risk Assessment Educational Premises – Home Office guidance
Personal Emergency Evacutation Plan (PEEP)
- Schools’ PEEP guidance – Suffolk Schools (LA) guidance – UPDATED MARCH 2022
- Schools’ PEEP template – Suffolk Schools (LA) guidance – UPDATED MARCH 2022
- Schools’ guide for visual checks on electrical equipment – Suffolk County Council guidance
- Socket Cover Alert – from Suffolk County Council
- Maintaining portable electrical equipment – HSE guidance
- PAT – Portable appliance testing FAQs – HSE guidance
- Socket overload calculator – online tool from Electrical Safety First
Need further advice
If you are a maintained (non-VA) school, and have any queries, please direct these to Property Advisor in the first instance, otherwise you can contact Nina Bickerton, CYP and Suffolk (Maintained) Schools’ SHaW Advisor, [email protected].
Academies, VAs, Foundation schools, Free schools or Independent schools should contact their employer or Health and Safety ‘competent person’ for further advice. These schools may also buy in to a Property Management Service who may be able to assist.