Oh, the Great British weather! Recent years have seen us have the hottest summers on record, and then some really blustery winters, full of wet or damp days. Don’t forget a couple of years ago it was snowing in March and April!
So we really have to be on our toes, and ready for any eventuality. Here’s some documents to help you manage people and premises in cold and hot weather.
- Schools guidance – bad or wintery weather – PART ONE article published in Education Business magazine, November 2017.
- Schools guidance – bad or wintery weather – PART TWO article published in Education Business magazine, November 2017.
- Managing health and safety in cold weather – SCC guidance.
- Heatwave information for schools and early years settings – Public Health England information.
These weblinks might also be of use:
- Emergency planning and response – Department of Education guidance.
- School closures | Suffolk County Council information.
- Severe weather information | Suffolk County Council information.
If you can’t find what you need above, email email@example.com, safety, health and wellbeing advisor for maintained schools.