Playground safety and inspections
To keep children safe it is important to ensure that playground equipment is checked regularly both by local staff and by a qualified and competent inspector.
- Playground and PE equipment inspection guidance (2022) – Suffolk County Council guidance on the types of inspections, frequency, and how to ensure your inspector is competent and qualified.
PE safety including equipment inspections
- Please follow the above Playground and PE equipment inspection guidance for the types and frequency of checking PE equipment.
- The Association for Physical Education has resources available on their website including information about inspections and maintenance of PE equipment. As a member you also get access to further health and safety information and resources.
Nina Bickerton is a member on behalf of maintained schools, so please contact her about information you may require.
Non-maintained schools need to become a member in their own right.
- See the HSE guidance for Swimming Pool Management, if your school has a swimming pool.
National Sports bodies guidance and resources
- Football – FA Heading Guidance by age group – Feb 2020
- Rugby Union – including ‘Rugby Safe’.
- British Gymnastics – their health and safety page.
- Swim England – a link to all their safety articles on their website.