Legal Structures and Governance
Legal structure is the legal definition of your childcare business for example;
- Unincorporated charity
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO)
- Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG)
- Community Interest Company (CIC)
- School Run (Sec 27, charitable aims)
- School Run (maintained)
- Sole Trader
- Public Limited Company (PLC)
Understanding your legal structure and the roles and responsibilities of the management board is essential for future sustainability and to limit personal liability.
Is a system used to define a hierarchy within an organisation. It identifies each job, its function and where it reports to within the organisation.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of different structures
- Community Interest Company (CIC) Structure Template
- Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG) Structure Template
- Voluntary Managed Structure Template
- School/Academy Structure
Management and Employment (staff management resources)
You can find guidance and templates to support you with managing staff in the Provision Development Tools section
Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) provides free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees on all aspects of workplace relations and employment law.
Early Years Alliance members can access LAWCALL