What are they?
The Community Inclusion Forums promote inclusion of children and young people with SEND and additional needs to enable them to achieve the best possible outcomes. The forums provide opportunities for staff across the sector to be empowered to meet these needs, through the sharing of effective practice, providing peer support, and an awareness of emerging research. Schools are organised into community groups based on their geographical area to encourage closer collaboration, information sharing and networking opportunities. Through the collaboration of stakeholders, we intend to enable access, knowledge, and development of the Local Offer.
Who are they for?
All SENCos in Suffolk schools have been invited to take part in the forums as well as anyone with a pastoral or inclusion remit within a school.
A list of schools and their areas can be downloaded here. Each area forum is chaired by a specialist teacher from the Whole School Inclusion team and an Educational Psychologist from the Psychology and Therapeutic Service.
Other Specialist Education Service staff will also attend, along with representatives from Early Help and Health services.
When and where do they meet?
Future dates for Community Inclusion Forums in 2024
- Wednesday 20th March – Wickham Market Primary School, Dallinghoo Road, Wickham Market, IP13 0RP
Ipswich South and West
- Wednesday 20th March – Westbourne Academy, Marlow Road, Ipswich, IP1 5JN
- Wednesday 20th March– Castle Manor Academy, 48 Eastern Avenue, Haverhill, CB9 9JE
Bury and Central
- Thursday 21 March– Thurston CofE Primary Academy, Pond Field Road, Thurston, Bury St Edmunds, IP31 3FT
Ipswich North and East
- Thursday 21 March– Sidegate Primary School, Sidegate Lane, Ipswich IP4 4JD
Lowestoft and Waveney
- Thursday 21 March – Red Oak Primary School, Southwell Road, Lowestoft, NR33 0RZ
Summer Term 2024
Coastal, Ipswich South and West, West Suffolk
- Wednesday 8th May – Venues to be confirmed
- Wednesday 26th June – Venues to be confirmed
Bury and Central, Ipswich North and East, Lowestoft and Waveney
- Thursday 9th May – Venues to be confirmed
- Thursday 27 June – Venues to be confirmed
Arrival for schools from 3.45pm for 4pm start. and finish by 5.30pm.