Wednesday 04 October 2023 – 10.30am to 12.30pm
All schools will shortly receive an invite from their Education Welfare Officer (EWO) to join the CME online session via Teams.
Please note that a link will be emailed to you to join the session, therefore you will need to register your interest via your EWO (or if your school does not have a SCC Welfare Officer, you should contact the CME Team), by close of play on Friday 29 September 2023.
The CME Guidance session is to assist new Officers, especially Attendance Officers, Admin Officers & Managers, DSLs, and any other school staff who are involved in the decision making & practice of lawfully removing a pupil from their school register.
1. CME Flowcharts – If & when to remove a pupil
2. Home Visits – Why they are so important
3. CME Schools Portal – Info needed
4. What the CME Team follows up
5. Permanent Exclusions (PEX)