On this page you’ll find a list of resources that we hope will support you in your role as school leaders.
Governor Recruitment Toolkit – coming soon
Suffolk Guide to Forming a Federation – coming soon
Recommended Reading for Headteachers
- ‘Braveheads – How to lead a school without selling your soul’. Dave Harris, Jan 2013
- ‘Dare To Lead: Brave Work, Tough conversations, Whole Hearts.’ – Brené Brown, 2018
- ‘The 5 Temptations of a CEO’ – Patrick Lencion, 2008
- ‘The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable’ – Patrick Lencion, 2002‘Leadership With a Moral Purpose: Turning Your School inside out’ – Will Ryan, 2008
- ‘Getting Things Done’ – David Allen, 2015
- ‘Wholesome Leadership: The Heart, Head, Hands & Health of School Leaders’ – Tom Rees, 2018
- ‘Headstrong :11 Lessons of School Leadership’ – Dame Sally Coates, 2015
- ‘Staying A Head: The Stress Management Secrets of Successful School Leaders – Viv Grant, 2014
- ‘A Practical Guide: National Standards of Excellence for Headteachers’ – Roy Blatchford, 2015
- ‘Rebel Ideas: The Power of Diverse Thinking’ – Matthew Syed, 2019
Governor Headlines is a regular e-newsletter produced by Suffolk County Council’s Governor Services team to support you in your role as governors and keep you informed of the latest updates. Below are the 2021 editions. If yourself or a fellow governor does not receive the newsletter directly please email [email protected]
Governor Headlines Live
Our Governor Headlines Live session for the summer term took place on the 12th May 2021 and we were pleased that so many of you could join us.
The session covered:
▪ governors’ participation in SEO Visits and the value of reading the rolling record to strengthen governor understanding of school improvement priorities
▪ Early Career Teachers
▪ a national SEND update from Professor Adam Boddison, Chief Executive of nasen (the National Association for Special Educational Needs) and a National Leader of Governance.
If you were unable to attend Governor Headlines Live, a recording of the session is available here.