Parents will be able to opt in for SCC funded school travel for the 2022/2023 school year from the 1 March 2022. If their child is eligible, they must opt in by the 31 May 2022 to ensure that school transport is in place for the start of the Autumn term.
We ask schools to help us make sure parents are aware of the SCC funded school travel policy and what this means for their child or children. We also ask schools to help us ensure parents opt-in for SCC funded travel.
We have prepared some information which helps to explain the School Travel Policy and to help you communicate this information with parents.
Please find attached to this message:
What you can do to help:
- Share the parent message with parents at your schools via parent mail etc.
- Put the parent message on your website
- Use social media to share message with parents
- Twitter: Retweet @Suffolkcc’s messages relating SCC funded school travel
- Facebook: Share Suffolk County Council’s messages relating to SCC funded school travel
- Put up posters
- Share parent message in any newsletters or publications
Thank you in advance for your help. Further information can also be found at https://www.suffolkonboard.com/school-travel
Alternatively you can call the passenger transport team on 0345 606 6173 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.