As part of our collaboration with Kevin Murphy, Safeguarding in Sport Lead NWG Exploitation Response Unit we have the opportunity to access this Free workshop funded by NWG and hosted by The Young Gamers and Gamblers Education Trust (YGAM)
This session is fully-funded CPD for teachers, the wider children’s workforce, sports coaches and forward-facing youth work professionals and volunteers who work with children.
The Young Gamers and Gamblers Education Trust (YGAM) is a national charity with a social purpose to inform, educate, safeguard and build digital resilience amongst young and vulnerable people; helping them to make informed decisions and understand the consequences around gambling and gaming. The harms which may be experienced within these activities can lead to potential for exploitation, via addiction, financial, emotional and mental ill health vulnerabilities in young people.
Our Education programme is City & Guilds assured and our resources are the winners of the Children and Young People Now PSHE Award 2020.
- The learner will understand why CYP might game/gamble
- The learner will understand what is meant by gaming/gambling related harm
- The learner will recognise the signs of gaming/gambling related harm
- The learner will know where to find further support
- The learner will have increased confidence when talking to CYP about gaming and gambling
You can view sample resources here
Date: Tuesday 17th May 2022
Time: 10:00 – 12:30
To Book: BOOK HERE