Check if pupils from EU families have applied for EU Settled Status

The Home Office are aware that applications for EU Settled Status (EUSS) have not been made for all pupils that need them.  If you have pupils from EU families, please raise awareness of this with them. Parents should check if they need to apply on behalf of their children, even if they have already applied and been granted a status themselves.  Applicants can still make a late EUSS application where they have reasonable grounds for missing the deadline (including not realising they needed to apply for their children) at:

Families who do not make EUSS applications are at risk of losing their homes, jobs and right to stay in the UK.

For those who have already received pre-settled status, they can apply to switch to settled status as soon as they are eligible. This is usually after they have lived in the UK for five years in a row (known as ‘continuous residence’). Note that it is the length of their continuous residence, and not the time elapsed since the grant of pre-settled status, which makes someone eligible for settled status.  To switch, a person must apply to the EUSS again before their pre-settled status expires. For further information, please refer to

Support to make applications in Suffolk is provided by Gyros Gyros | Immigration | England and the Suffolk Law Centre Suffolk Law Centre – ISCRE