Mental Health First Aider – 2 day training
This training Provides an in depth understanding of specific mental health issues and is delivered in four manageable chunks: − What is mental health? − Depression and anxiety − Suicide and psychosis − Self-harm and eating disorders. It focuses on the issues faced by young people today, such as cyber bullying and substance misuse, and teaches how to promote protective factors and good parenting. Completing the two day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider and you will gain;
- An in-depth understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot triggers and signs of mental ill health
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support
- Ability to support a young person with a long-term mental health issue or disability to thrive
- Tools to look after one’s own mental health
Mental Health First Aid Champion – 1 day training
Teaches you how to identify when a young person might be experiencing a mental health issue and how to guide them to get the help they need.
All delegates will receive:
A workbook during training
A mental health manual to keep
A MHFA England certificate To book your place, please email MHFA@raedwaldtrust.org or contact Laura Leeder on 01473 550472.