The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Awareness eLearning Module has been updated and is appropriate for all school staff. This eLearning module meets the training requirements and learning outcomes for SEND Tier 1 staff in the SEND Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). Tier 1 refers to ‘Anybody who has contact with children and young people with SEND and their families. This includes all practitioners, as well as reception staff, administrative, cleaning and maintenance staff’.
- Understand the meanings of ‘Special Educational Needs’ and ‘Disabilities’.
- Be able to demonstrate a basic awareness and understanding of SEND Legislation and the Suffolk SEND Strategy.
- Be able to signpost to the Suffolk Local Offer.
- Be aware of the services that support SEN children, young people and families.
- Be able to describe what SEN Support and an Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP) are.
This course should take you 30 minutes to complete.
This module replaces the SEND Level 1.
Available on Suffolk CPD, search word ‘SEND’.