September 2023 session’s special focus is on managing and deescalating emotional behaviours in children and teenagers.
*Tuesday 12 September at 10am – 12pm on microsoft teams*
· An opportunity to look at how parents can be supported in understanding the causes of emotional behaviours in their child/teen
· To look at techniques to empower parents to manage and deescalate emotional behaviours within the home
· A focus on strategies that enable parents to respond and not react to emotional behaviours.
· The importance of self-care for parents.
· Maddie and Frances (Parenting Team – West ) will host a short Q and A session at this drop in for any professional enquiries regarding parenting.
· We will also go through the parenting team offer of courses, groups and seminars for parents of children ages 0-11 years.
The West Parenting Team would like to extend an invitation to practitioners across the county to attend a monthly virtual parenting drop in for professionals.
It has been suggested that practitioners (particularly those who are newer to the service, or not completed any training in parenting programmes) may be able to benefit from some conversation around parenting strategy/suggestion that could be utilised within their casework where helpful. This might be for families who have already completed parenting programmes, or other parenting work, but still continue to struggle implementing useful changes at home, or for families yet to engage with parenting support.
The session may also be helpful for discussing any potential referrals to the County Parenting Team and we welcome questions about the parenting programmes themselves, other parenting resources or anything else related that practitioners would care to bring. The session may also aid practitioners understanding of how to promote the programmes and the value of parenting seminars and the Solihull online programmes.
This is an open invite, for a 2 hour session once a month – the next session is on
Tuesday 12 September 2023 @ 10am
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 311 046 566 869