The one day training at St Elizabeth Hospice on Tuesday 28th March 2023, 9AM – 4PM.
The ‘Dying to Talk’ training covers a wide range of issues linked to bereavement and loss at a young age.
Each school is allocated two spaces and we suggest a mix of academic and pastoral staff to attend.
The training is comprehensive and covers the following topics:
- Active listening and communication skills
- Models of grief and how they fit in the real world
- Ages and stages – practical methods of working with bereaved young people
- Responding to difficult questions, funerals, inquests and sudden losses
- Supporting families living with progressive illness
- Reflective practice and how to use it
After the training, the school can participate in an accreditation process to gain additional support and training from St Elizabeth Hospice.
All training is delivered in person in the education department at St Elizabeth Hospice, 565 Foxhall road, Ipswich. Refreshments are provided but attendees will need to bring their own lunch.
To sign up for the free training please go the ‘Dying to talk’ page and complete the online form (565 Service: Dying to talk accreditation for schools – St Elizabeth Hospice) alternatively, please email [email protected] the names and contact details of the staff that wish to attend