The Wensum English Hub is located at Heather Avenue Infant School, part of The Wensum Trust, and is one of 34 English Hubs nationwide. Funded by the Department for Education, we support other schools in the county to achieve excellence in teaching reading and early language development.
We aim to support eligible partnership schools to deliver excellent phonics and reading lessons to EYFS and KS1. This will be achieved through:
- Attending one of our showcase events. During our event you will be able to meet the Wensum English Hub team, observe the teaching of phonics, reading and 1:1 intervention sessions. You will also be able to find out further information about the support we provide. Funding may be available for two members of staff from your school to attend.
- Following the submission of a completed action plan, an audit of your schools phonics and reading provision will be completed. These audits are designed to set out a plan for improvement and any resources required.
- Each partnership school will be appointed a Literacy Specialist who will deliver 6 days worth of school support.
- Funding of up to £6000 to support the delivery of implementing the project and purchasing resources
Additional Funding for 2022-23
The DfE have agreed for Wensum English Hub to implement a new support pathway for English Hubs to consider for supporting schools in need for the academic year of 2022-23.
This new level of support is called “Accelerator Fund Support” and serves as the middle ground between the existing medium level support and resource funding offer and the intensive support partner schools receive.
Schools can apply for support and up to £9000 funding to implement a new validated SSP programme or training /resources in one which they already have in school.
Schools may be able to receive Literacy Specialist support days, with the level of support required being identified at audit.
The following state funded schools are eligible for Accelerator Fund intervention in 22/23:
- Infant schools
- Primary schools
- Junior schools
- Special schools
- Pupil Referral Units with primary school aged children
Eventbrite: Wensum English Hub Events
Website: Wensum English Hub website
Contact details (for support, advice or more information): Chantal Cooke – [email protected]