Please note: Bookstart Treasure packs are being phased out early in 2022
- Bookstart gives away free book packs to every child in the UK to help children become a confident and eager learner before they start school. More information can be found on their website: Bookstart website.
- Bookstart Treasure Packs are given to funded 3 and 4 year olds from their nursery, playgroup or other early years setting.
- 3 year old funded children at a childcare setting should receive their Bookstart Treasure Pack the term following their first funded term.
- The courier will be provided with the delivery details of the provision and a contact telephone number in the event of any queries.
- We have allocated the correct number of books which, according to the Provider Portal claim you submitted. There should be enough books for you to give to each child, see the table below to help you work this out.
- Please keep a record at your provision of which children you have given the Bookstart packs to in case of any queries.
|Child’s 3rd birthday between:||First term eligible for funding:||Distribution will be during:|
|01 January and 31 March||Summer term||Autumn term|
|01 April and 31 August||Autumn term||Spring term|
|01 September and 31 December||Spring term||Summer term|
Not enough packs?
If you find that you have not had enough packs delivered, please could you check whether any children at your provision also attend another provider and may have received their pack at this provision.
If you have any queries about Bookstart packs for 3 year olds please contact the Family Information Service by email: Childcare.Planning@suffolk.gov.uk
There is some further information below regarding additional Bookstart packs available, click on the links.
As well as the regular treasure and baby packs, there are 3 additional packs available: To request, please email email@example.com
Bookshine 0-2 and 2-4 for children with a hearing impairment. Contains additional advice, a touch-and-feel book and a bookmark with British Sign Language.
Booktouch 0-2 and 2-4 for children who have a visual impairment (blind or partially sighted). Contains additional advice and a CD to sing along to.
Bookstar 2-4 for children with fine motor and/or developmental delay.