Early Years Foundation Stage Profile (EYFSP) 2022
EYFS Profile assessments are completed at the end of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). The majority of children will be in the Reception class in a school.
There are some children who remain in a Private, Voluntary & Independent (PVI) childcare provision until the end of the EYFS. A PVI setting will need complete the EYFS Profile if they have a child in their setting in the summer term 2022 who:
- will be 5 years old on or before 31 August 2022 and
- is receiving the majority of their early education free entitlement with them and
- will be joining a year 1 class in September 2022 (Children joining a school Reception class in September 2022 do not do the profile in PVI)
The following documents explain more about the statutory requirement to complete the EYFSP in 2022.
Please ensure you are familiar with them. They give you the up-to-date information which you will need:
- The Early Years Foundation Stage framework
- Early Years Foundation Stage Profile Handbook 2022
- You may also find the suite of case study exemplification videos useful.
The statutory EYFS framework requires the EYFS profile assessment to be carried out no later than 30 June 2022. Practitioners are expected to use their professional judgment to make an assessment of the child’s outcomes in relation to the 17 early learning goals (ELG) descriptors. For each ELG, practitioners must judge whether a child is
- Meeting the level of development expected at the end of the EYFS (expected) or
- Not yet reaching this level(emerging).
Returning your data to Suffolk Local Authority
You can submit your EYFSP data to the Local Authority any time during June and no later than Thursday 30 June 2022.
The DFE Excel Template and Guidance are available to download below. This is for settings that do not use commercially produced software for EYFS.
You must send your data return using a secure method Secure emails | Suffolk County Council
If you don’t have a TLS connection, you must request a secure email first from Data.Collection@suffolk.gov.uk once the secure email is received you can attach your EYFSP data collection return.
If you have any queries, once you have read all the information, please contact email@example.com